There are a lot of factors on the basis of which Google decides the rankings of various websites. Earlier, the things were completely different. Earlier, the only technique to get your website a higher ranking was embedding more and more keywords in your articles. So, it was easy to disguise the search engines. But now, you have to follow so many factors to increase the ranking of your website. Google has been changing its algorithms just to make the search criteria better and better. Google updated his algorithms from Panda to Penguin to Humming Bird and their further versions too to make everything more efficient and intuitive.
You must have heard that there is a list of 200 factors in Google’s algorithm for deciding the rank of a website.
You are lucky enough that I’m presenting the complete list here today exclusively for my readers but as all of the factors are not important enough, I’ll give the details only of those factors which are the most important.
Here is the complete list. And the most important are marked bold.
DOMAIN FACTORS – Start Your Blog with Great Domain
- Domain Name Age: The Domain Name of the website must be at least 6 months old.
- Domain name consists of keywords: If keywords appear in the domain name, it is definitely a plus, but even if they do not appear in the domain, it is not a minus at all.
- Keyword as first word in Domain: Domain with first word as the keyword is definitely preferable.
- Length of Domain Name: One of the Google Patent says that
“Valuable (legitimate) domains are often paid for several years in advance, while doorway (illegitimate) domains rarely are used for more than a year. Therefore, the date when a domain expires in the future can be used as a factor in predicting the legitimacy of a domain”
- Keyword in Sub Domain: Keyword in subdomain sometimes boosts ranking. Again not very important thing to be done.
- Domain History: A site with volatile ownership (via whois) or several drops may tell Google to “reset” the site’s history, negating links pointing to the domain.
- Exact Match Domain: If the search query is as same as the domain, that is, matches with it completely, it gives you an extra edge.
- WhoIs Information: WhoIs privacy protection service also plays a role. If you have a single site in your name, it is a plus. But, no need to pay a lot of attention on this.
- Penalized WhoIs owner: If a person is detected as a spammer by Google, then all his other sited will be inspected.
- Country TLD extension: If your Domain Name is a Country Code Top Level Domain then it helps your site to rank good for that country but restricts to rank globally.
By choosing the Domain name for blog – the question rises that how to select a right domain name for your blog